Equipment available to BSE for bulk solid measurements
Jenike Shear Cell
Determination of characteristic bulk properties such as internal friction and flow function
* determination of flow pattern
* calculation mass flow angle of hopper
* avoiding arching and bridging
* calculation of stress reduction in silos
* comparison of bulk properties
* consideration of storage conditions;
Shear Cell and Time Consolidation Bench
Determination of the influence of time on the mechanical properties
* bridging properties after long periods of storage
Shear Cell and Wall Materials
Determination of the wall friction
* obtaining mass flow, through coating or lining
* avoiding build-ups caused by adhesion
* testing of wear-resistant materials.
Determination of aeration properties
* application of aeration-pads, air injection, etc.
Determination of bulk solid permeability
* deaeration rate in a silo
* application of air slides, etc.
Comparison of bridging properties.
* applicable to product comparison
Moisture Content Tester
Determination of the moisture percentage.
Tap Density Tester
Determination of the settling rate
* classification of products.
Chute Angle Tester
Determination of flow angle, possible for different wall materials
* required flow angle for chutes, etc.
Angle of Repose Tester
Determination of the angle of repose
* belt conveyors
* flat bottom bins;
BSE has its disposal round and rectangular model silos with adjustable hopper angles
* small quantity applications
* determination of flow pattern.